Monday, November 21, 2011

The Empowerment of women


So today I am going to write about the things we can do to support each other. Sometimes in life we get so caught up with our problems that they become overwhelming. It’s important to realize that you’re not the only one. The best way to support others is by choosing something that you have dealt with. We can help each other through the experiences that we have dealt with in life. I want to share a great movement with all of you that was shared with me by my mom through Facebook. Right now is a great time in our history because of the internet and we can do so much more than before. Andrea Montoya Mitchell started the         It Can Happen Women's Empowerment group. The group can be found on Facebook at  http://www.facebook.com/pages/It-Can-Happen-Womens-Empowerment-Grp/160513814008698?sk=wall You can also find the group at the website http://www.i-c-h.webs.com/  Andrea Montoya Mitchell  does great things for her community and is always in need for others to help. She doesn't only help women empower themselves but also helps women empower other women. Andrea Montoya Mitchell  and I our both inspired to help end the cycle of poverty, domestic violence, and all the issues that come with being moms in our communities through our children. She is outspoken to school districts and help children in some of the poorest school s in Denver. It’s as simple as making sure that a child has a snack.  No matter what might be going on in your life right now I challenge you to contact Andrea Montoya Mitchell or any other organization that helps others and see how you can help. I will be doing the same in the coming weeks and blogging about my experiences. Helping another person feeds your soul and is worth more than its weight in gold.  Happy Holidays to all of you and always remember during the holiday seasons there is someone less fortunate then yourself and in need!

2 comments:

  1. I ANDREA MONTOYA MITCHELL AM A SURVIVOR OF D.V. ONE DRUNKEN EPISODE TURNED INTO A NIGHT MARE- MY RIGHT HAND WAS SEVERED OFF AND RE- BATTACHED AND DURING THIS PROCESS I HAD TO GO THROUGH SOME PRETTY HARD CHALLENGES BUT AS I FOUND MY LIFE IN A CHANGE CYCLE I FOUND THAT I HAD TO HELP THE WOMEN AROUND ME AND AS I DID THIS AND MORE WOMEN CAME TO ME I FOUND THAT I HAD TO MAKE A LOT OF CHANGES AND THOSE CHANGES HAD TO BEGIN WIFE ME SO I GOT BACK IN SCHOOL AND AS I GOT STABLE IN MY OWN PLACE AGAIN I KEPT CONTACT WITH ALL THE WOMEN I HAD NOW ENCOUNTERED AND THOSE WOMEN KEPT REFERING AND SHARING MY # TILL ME AND A WONDERFUL WOMAN NAMED LORI SAT DOWN AND LEGALIZED A WAY TO TURN MY HOME PHONE INTO A CRISIS AND REFERAL LINE AND AS I DID THAT MY SCHOOLING WAS AT CROSS COMMUNITY COALITION WHERE THEY PROVIDED ME A GATE OPENER TO NOT ONLY WRITE THE BUSSINESS PLAN BUT HOLD WOMEN'S EMPOWERMENT GRP'S IN THE COMMUNITY CTR. WHICH HAS CONTINUED NOW 3YRS AND IS NOW IN DPS SCHOOL #1 AND INTO SCHOOL #@ AFTER THE NEW YR.SO AS A WOMAN GLORIOUSLY DISABLED BUT FULL OF LIFE I CONTINUE TO SHOW EVERY WOMAN THE POWERS WE HOLD AND TO BE BEAUTIFULLY STRONG FOR WE Are the mothers of the world ,we hold the precious future in hands and as women we hold many responsibilities and we can connect together becoming stronger using a sisterhood to one another in our communities
    - women empowering women - if i can do it i let evry woman know they can too! thanks and remember it can happen it happened to me, but also remember 3ys later it can happen it happened to me - i now am the ceo/ founder of a wonderful god owned company sharing, caring, giving, and sharing love all day every day i am so blessed to be allowed to just be able to touch and pray and meet so many wonderful ladies and baby angels i am glorified just to be able to make a child smile to be able to be a listenening ear, a hug a, reference a refferal, give a little love and you'll see it's magical:-)
    thanks God bless and plz know you are not alone we are here, i ch- loves ya !!
    thanks sincerely Andrea Montoya Mitchell

    ReplyDelete